Enhancing your brain & heart health: A new interactive webinar series
Introducing an exciting, educational series of interactive webinars by two professionals who’ve each had over 30 years of clinical experience: geropsychologist, Paula Hartman-Stein, Ph.D. and her colleague, culinary nutritionist, Brigid McVaugh, RDN, LD. Dr. Paula and Ms McVaugh will provide the latest in evidence-based research findings PLUS help you design a plan for yourself and encourage your efforts.
Introduction: what the research shows we can do to reduce or lessen the risk of memory decline and cardiac problems as we age. (60 minute long, free, live webinar, Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 7 pm eastern time.
Episodes 1 to 5 (90 minutes each), April 8, 15, 22nd, 29th & May 6th @ 7 pm eastern
1. “Building up cognitive reserve”: the role of education, life-long learning, challenging hobbies/pursuits, and hearing aids. Questions to be answered: Does early retirement help or hurt? Should I do cross word puzzles daily? Are there apps that can help?
2. Nutrition: What eating patterns are the best for brain/heart health? Diets called Mediterranean, Nordic, Mind, DASH, Ornish, & Esselstyn all promote healthy aging. But what’s realistic to follow, especially if we don’t like to cook? What about dietary supplements? We'll learn how small changes in eating can make a real difference.
3. Nutrition: "Power Foods!" These foods only work when you incorporate them into your meals and snacks on a regular basis. Ms McVaugh will show you examples of what she has in her kitchen and provide practical tips on planning, shopping and preparing meals.
4. What about stress? Dr. Paula will address practical ways of reducing stress & preventing depression through non-pharma strategies as well as ideas of how to increase meaning in your life.
5. A potpourri of other factors & Wrap up: Move more, sleep more, & find your tribe! Plus time for Q and A,
Cost of the 5 part series: $150
Register for the free webinar by sending your name and an email to Dr. Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Hartman-Stein, Ph.D. and in the kitchen, culinary nutritionist,
Brigid McVaugh, RDN, LD
Healing Properties of Nature: Translating Research into Practice" April 14, 2021, Direction Home Continuing Education webinar, Akron/Canton Area Agency on Aging